The morning of when pokemon was released in Singapore, I actually dreamed of it and went “Huh, I dreamt that Pokego go released secretly in one morning” but I had a feeling it was that day.
And then… it really was.
Which is a nice coincidence. Anyway! It’s amusing to see that many people are coming out in twos, threes or in little groups as they walk about together.
There’s so many posts about it but eh, here’s my tips for you to pokego in Singapore.
- Free wifi in malls, banks, Starbucks, McD’s etc. You don’t have to use your data if you’re gonna sit in a mall. Just log on.
- NTUC and malls (well, hospitals too but if you’re there then uh, please take care of your health or the person you’re visiting instead) have free charging points. You can charge your phone but you have to leave it in the little ‘charging corner thing’ OR charge your powerbank. MRTs have free charging stations too for your devices. Don’t be a douchecanoe, don’t hog the charging points if there aren’t many. People might need to charge their phones to contact people in emergency.
- Stop standing in the middle of nowhere. Switch off AR to catch the pokemon since it’ll stop it from ‘moving’ about and easier for your to throw them pokeballs. Do this discreetly like you’re whatsapping. You can walk and swipe it up. If you want to park, park yourself near walls and away from people to prevent yourself from bumping into them.
- Bring water if you’re going to walk a long while. If you want to hatch a poke-egg with 2km or 5km. Maybe you should check out the running routes available in SG so you can have nice scenery too. The usual races in SG are 5km for basics too so WOOH, you can even join a run or something.
- Look where you are going. Like oh mein Gott. LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING. Don’t be a noob.
- Help out younger players or like, look after them that they aren’t going where they’re not supposed to be. Do the neighbourhood pal thing and whatnot, they’re excited pokemon trainers too.
- Check out offers!! Malls, cafes, restaurants are now providing discounts for poketrainers or you can win vouchers and stuff. Just look about, sometimes they will have some soooo why not make the best of it? Heh.
And now, for my own pokemansss. I found a Meowth at Ion basement and yay! I GOT MY CAT.
I call this, duo against the world.
Like those street fashion photography, I’m starting a street pokego photography.
So many teams! Walking about for one goal.
To be the very best!
Like no one ever was.
I managed to find a Psyduck trying to find a ride too.
Anyway, you can’t see the rest of the playground but everyone is lurking around and sitting at the void deck because someone set up a lure at this pokestop.
This kind of has nothing to do with pokemon but while out walking I decided to buy a burger from one of those ‘Western stalls’ since a pokestop was very near and heh, there were so many people too!
STAY SAFE when playing Pokego okay?
PS. POKEGO BY DAY AND some of us are OVERWATCH-ing BY NIGHT. Hohohoho.