The school holidays in September was when we escaped Singapore to go to Japan.
Never would have we known we would be spoiled by the experience and wish to revisit it again.
We wanted to go back.
This is Nihongostan.
GameStart 2016 was at Suntec and well, at least from my own knowledge, no hijinks occurred involving any random aunties this year at this location.
Also, you probably could called GameStart as Overwatch Convention since yessssss. OW EVERYWHERE.
Because I’m biased, here’s a solo shot (hah!) of Ana.
Ok, OW everywhere and Mystic Messenger too but I don’t play MM.
Bring provocative means being attractive as cosplayers. Cosplayers are people who wear costumes and play. Here is the top 10 provocative cosplayers at STGCC this year.
1) Super Awesome Cosplay
Picture by Pinkkatsyah.
This is one of the most provocative cosplayer. We were so excited. See our excitement. But it was the best.
The morning of when pokemon was released in Singapore, I actually dreamed of it and went “Huh, I dreamt that Pokego go released secretly in one morning” but I had a feeling it was that day.
And then… it really was.
Which is a nice coincidence. Anyway! It’s amusing to see that many people are coming out in twos, threes or in little groups as they walk about together.
There’s so many posts about it but eh, here’s my tips for you to pokego in Singapore.
- Free wifi in malls, banks, Starbucks, McD’s etc. You don’t have to use your data if you’re gonna sit in a mall. Just log on.
- NTUC and malls (well, hospitals too but if you’re there then uh, please take care of your health or the person you’re visiting instead) have free charging points. You can charge your phone but you have to leave it in the little ‘charging corner thing’ OR charge your powerbank. MRTs have free charging stations too for your devices. Don’t be a douchecanoe, don’t hog the charging points if there aren’t many. People might need to charge their phones to contact people in emergency.
- Stop standing in the middle of nowhere. Switch off AR to catch the pokemon since it’ll stop it from ‘moving’ about and easier for your to throw them pokeballs. Do this discreetly like you’re whatsapping. You can walk and swipe it up. If you want to park, park yourself near walls and away from people to prevent yourself from bumping into them.
- Bring water if you’re going to walk a long while. If you want to hatch a poke-egg with 2km or 5km. Maybe you should check out the running routes available in SG so you can have nice scenery too. The usual races in SG are 5km for basics too so WOOH, you can even join a run or something.
- Look where you are going. Like oh mein Gott. LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING. Don’t be a noob.
- Help out younger players or like, look after them that they aren’t going where they’re not supposed to be. Do the neighbourhood pal thing and whatnot, they’re excited pokemon trainers too.
- Check out offers!! Malls, cafes, restaurants are now providing discounts for poketrainers or you can win vouchers and stuff. Just look about, sometimes they will have some soooo why not make the best of it? Heh.
Ok. So it was ‘sale’ week on Udemy and I had been waiting for these courses to be on offer even if I wasn’t going to be paying them ‘myself’.
What better way to spend my Skillsfuture monies on courses I can just learn online at my own time?
Since I got the $500 credits, I should try to spend it when there are ‘offers’ so that I’ll be able to take more classes elsewhere too anyway.
TL;DR I MIGHT AS WELL PAY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.
I signed up for some others but these two were able to be claimed via the Skillsfuture website.
Step one, you GOT to have the monies to pay for these courses first.
Any of the courses you want to sign up for that’s eligible for the credits, you have to pay first.
On the website just search using that part there before you even log in to see if the course you want is claimable.
What has Overwatch got to do with anything?
Well on Saturday night, my crew went to the Geylang Bazaar to buy food without me because I just finished work and had to go home.
They found butterbeer.
It was the brand we wanted to get years ago for our Harry Potter parties but the shop closed down. But now… it’s back!!!!!!!
I asked them to come to my house with butterbeer because I was stuck at home. Boo hoo tragic kingdom.
And while I was Overwatching, I WAS FINISHING THE GAME QUICKLY SO I CAN TELL THEM TO COME (hence player of the game, get the objective, get my butterbeer), they conferred with each other and then yes.
THEY DID COME BY MY PLACE.
One of the most ridiculous plans we did. Them coming over just to let me try butterbeer they found at the Bazaar.
FYI, it’s near the market side/cheers of Haig Road, the stall name is Word. You can get butterbeer and a butterbeer float after the bazaar at their own bistro too so no worries on that.
WE REALLY ASKED.
Try it chilled over ice. In a frosted glass.
Ahhhh, such Harry Potter vibes.
Ok. Here’s the comparison to people who have went to World of HP and tried the butterbeer and this.
This brand’s more buttery and sweet. But BOTH are good. So it’s really a matter of preference. With the bottle, we found that it has a distributor too, Rogue Merchants! So yesss. This is looking quite good for our future HP party when Fantastic Beasts comes out…
And if not at Word Bistro (they have rainbow bagels and other foods), you might want to try buy online which I found out from another friend it’s available here.
Butterbeer is back in Singapore for all you wizards! HUZZAH!
OK, BESIDES THE WHOLE BUTTERBEER THING. I’m pretty AWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww at my friends who DROVE OVER to just come by with the bottles of butterbeer cause we’re a bunch of nerds and shared it. They are ridiculous but so AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. A++ Imma make my salmon wellington for them once puasa is over and we all can have a great day together.
It’s only for Android but you can get the Bazaar Geylang ’16 over in the play store for free.
What’s this app? It’s a list of food places that are pretty unique besides the usual vadeh or burger ramly stores.
Pretty much my brother went ughh, so hard to find all the places so in the end…
We made an app to just list them all down. Stuff might not be too accurate but we tried to take pics of the price list too. For more details, read the google play description of the app!
Sorry iOS users, it costs a pretty penny to be a developer and to set up a store there so… tough luck!
My bro and I went about the crowd taking pictures of nearly every stall of notable food. The rest were generic then no need to take pic. He coded the app, the end.
Ok, I’m just gonna say you can get your Urban Armor Gear at Lazada on my link here because at least they’ll deliver to you at Lazada.
You can still get the cases in store though cause I’ve seen them around (just make sure they’re genuine?).
I’m stating this now cause it’s gonna be ‘holiday’ season soon and it’s best to get your phones protected before you go on trips and try take pics with your phone etc.
The SAD thing is that I’m using an OPPO so I can’t use UAG cases.
Heck, for my specific phone model, I can’t even get nifty cases so the second best way is… GET MY FRIENDS (they use more mainstream phones) to use the cases cause when they’re on adventure with me, well, what better way for them to take pics of me instead?
Anyway, tl;dr version. If you can afford your phone, you can afford this case to protect it. Yes, it has more colours than pink and also, it has protectors for ipads, Samsung, macbook airs and even Surface Pros.
Anywho, I passed this particular case to my friend since she accompanies me to events and stuff too.
On production, I usually get there earlier than others. Usually anyway. I tend to usually try panorama mode on my phone while I sit down and wait.
Anyway, that’s Punggol jetty.
I wouldn’t have gone there unless I had to and wow, it does look great.
There’s a boat or a ferry coming by and I learned that it goes to Outward Bound School or Pulau Ubin camp 1 and 2 area.
I doubt it’s for everyone though since it’s chartered only for participants and the people who work there.
If you know more about the boats from Punggol jetty, let me know! I do want to know where exactly it goes and how do I get on it.
What’s Nothing In Party-Cular People of Singapore? It’s nothing really. It’s a bbq/picnic thingy that we plan to happen on a long weekend or just some random date because sometimes you got to just have a random day to chill out.
That’s why it happens for nothing in particular.