2015 is the year when Reebok’s Spartan Race, Sprint was finally organized in Singapore.
And I joined it.
(Click the pictures to embiggen, of course.)
The Arts Science Museum invited me to their press preview of the Collider! This exhibition is until January 5th if I’m right?
Anyway, there are other exhibits at the same time so you can check what ever is on then too.
Without spoilers, if you’re going to Collider, do get a guided tour because you won’t be able to get ‘everything’ by just reading it.
It’s already November. Either you’ve done your year’s resolutions of keeping fit or well, not.
If you haven’t, you could try getting a head start on next year’s resolutions on trying to be fit.
Or it’s at the point in time where you can pre-present yourself shoes for Christmas to go oooh, wow since you’ve gotten shoes like Nike Free 5.0 (I’ve seen these in stores and they seem really nice), you might as well go run.
Run before Christmas, run before the holidays so you can be ready to eat all the things?
I guess, it’s the easiest thing to do though, just run around if you don’t know how to carry weights or other exercises.
We’ve got a lot of marathons in Singapore. For a country that’s pretty small, everyone seems to be wanting to run all over it.
Speaking of marathons, I don’t know how I did it last year. I did one run a month for 2014 and this year I chose only the obstacle courses.
It wasn’t that many runs this year but enough for me to go “What was I thinking?” last year because besides the whole running thing (which, I admittedly walked a lot in between sprints), the starting time is always super early and in some middle part of Singapore or even in Sentosa.
How the heck did I do it?
Well, I’ve got a Spartan Run left coming up soon, I really have no idea how I’ll do that one since it seems so tough according to the ads online. WILL I MAKE IT?
Probably yes, I freaking paid for a spot in the run.
I won’t want to give up in the race or even go “Meh, I’ll just sleep. Sleep is nicer”.
It really is kind of a thrill when you complete it. Kind of like “YESSS, I DID IT”.
The medals are really nice too, you can keep it or hang it somewhere. Ok so.
Would you guys go sign up for runs if they were cheaptastic and you get a nice goodie bag and medal to go with it BUT if it started early like heck?
Guys, you can try win an invite to #nuffnangblogcon here. I’m writing this post to win an invite.
Why? Because in 2010, I went to their Nuffnang Blogger Symposium.
It had been super useful and I did get to see all the other bloggers even if I’m super quiet and discreet.
I’ll still probably super quiet and discreet if I were to the at the conference since there’ll probably be those super popular bloggers there anyway and what do I even say to anyone?
However, this conference sounds like it will be informative for me to learn more. Mind you, I’m not super popular because I am a niche blogger but attending these conferences and implementing stuff or just learning a little bit does help.
It totally helped.
From drama and hearsay or rumours of the bloggersphere, I’m totally no where near it but I want to know what the industry thinks about it since bla bla, everyone is more on social media or online so come on. I WISH TO KNOW what their thoughts are on this in a corporate way.
Anyway, Nuffnang, let me win an invite. I want to go.
OK. That was a mini hiatus of sorts?
Not sure who noticed but yeah. I’ve been doing things.
1) Love Kuching needs your help financially (transfer moolah to DBS current 027-905975-3) if you can’t volunteer your services. You can know more from their website.
#lkpE In this video Echo the Boss Cat of our Joo Chiat cattery introduces her life, shelter and foster siblings. She doesn’t know that her daily expenses, as well as her friends’, need to be paid, and that we do not have enough monthly donors for those recurring expenses. Help Echo and the other Love Kuching cats out by signing up to become a monthly Cat Angel. Set up a monthly standing instruction donation to our bank account, DBS current 027-905975-3 To find out how, go to our blogspot. lovekuchingproject.blogspot.com
I did that mini vid for them and they’re my choice of cat charity to go to.
2) THIS COMES OUT on 1 November at the Singapore Writers Festival! Escape from Reality! It’s an anthology of short stories of the fictional sort. The fantasy-ish kind. $20! After the official launch, you can get it ordered directly through us or the publisher. More details then.
3) NANOWRIMO KICK OFF PARTY!
It’s on 31st Oct, 6pm at the level 5 Possibility Room of the National Library. Our theme is ‘Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?’. RSVP here: http://nanowrimo.org/forums/asia-singapore/threads/251222
We’re going to Comic Fiesta! Yes. It’s in KL so if you wanna chope any of us to meet any of you guys, ‘book’ us early.
Last year had been fun so we’ll see how it is at the new location!
5) I’ve been on shoot for a mini series.
Hence why I haven’t updated in a bit. I’ll tell you more about the series when it is officially out on 27th November!
6) I’ll be at the library customer appreciation day on 6 November. I don’t know why I had to add that but in case you guys are there, you can say hello to me. The library people are always so nice.
7) You want to ever watch one of the telemovies I helped in? Here’s a trailer
Or watch the whole telemovie on Toggle here. I think it is only available for those in Singapore though. Darn you regional restrictions?
8) IT IS THE 10th run of N.E.mation! Soooooo I’ll BE BACK to support the teams! But why do the teams I support always get the top? Is it a correlation, a stroke of luck or what? HMMM? Tune in this year and we’ll see.
9) I’m doing the Spartan Race. Soooo I got to train (more).
10) I’m blogging here, aren’t I? SO WOOOH. OK. More posts ahead.
My take is that if you can see the air, wear a mask. Whatever, there will be people saying “No needlah” but whatever. That’s them. I’ll wear my mask, thank you very much because I can tell the difference with and without it.
Especially when I went for a shoot and oh my goodness. Yes. Whatever, maybe you’re good without it, cool. My asthmatic friends, just wear it okay?
I got my 3M V-flex mask from Guardian pharmacies but I did notice them being sold at Popular bookstores too.
And this is an upgrade from Vogmask. We have an online store selling to Singapore.
Verdict? It’s comfier than the 3M one and way more stylish. Still, if you want to get an even more cooling one, try the double vent one, I guess since it’s cotton (I haven’t tried it but I’m guessing since if this one is ok, that one should be even better).
I still have the 3M with me but with the Vogmask, I’m sure I won’t accidentally tear it or anything of that sort. Let’s face it. Until Indonesia gets things sorted out, the haze is going to be here for quite a bit.
With all this haze though, it means most of our activities are limited indoors. But ungghhhh. I can stay indoors. On the computer all the time but eh, sometimes one needs to just go out and run around.
SO HERE’S A LIST of indoor activities you can do that does not involve being stuck at home (besides lurking in shopping malls):
It was Google Play GAME WEEK featuring Neko Atsume. Considering our timezone was similar to Japan’s we could just… watch the cats.
This is what you missed if you didn’t catch the livestream of this ‘gaming’.
Do we really want to know the TL:DR story of my phone? I’ll let it be in another post because it was an adventure before I got my Oppo phone. In any case, the super short version is that I signed up with Singtel to get it.
ANYWAY, when signing up with them, I got subscribed into AMPed. I managed to disconnect all the ‘extras’ without any termination fees because I didn’t use them except for AMPed.
I do know that when I signed the contract that it was for a 1 month trial and that if I didn’t want it I had to called 1688 to cancel it.
BUT I MISSED THE ONE MONTH DEADLINE BECAUSE I was busy.
21 May 2016 is when I can unsubscribe it.
EVERYONE PLEASE HELP REMIND ME TO UNSUBSCRIBE ON THAT DATE.
How do I know 21 May 2016? This is the storyyyyy…
If I cancel it now, I have termination fees that amount to more than what I have to pay for it monthly even if I’m not using it.
So since I can’t cancel it without giving them more money, I just signed in and changed my profile to that.
Someone teach me how to use my AMPed account and make it work for me.
I did call in twice and the staff do sound apologetic too like they know this is a thing that happens often, I’m sure.
Are there AMPed complains? AMPed Singtel complains?? It’s probably there somewhere.
REALLY TL;DR VERSION:
- Teach me how to use AMPed because I can’t cancel it without incurring more charges.
- I didn’t want to sign up for this but they gave it as a 1 month ‘trial’.
- No, CASE won’t work cause they silly and you have to pay for admin fees or get it ‘free’ with membership fees so that’s just paying more moolah.
- If you’re from Singtel and want to say ‘can I help you’, not really. I know you can’t. Unless you can just get rid of AMPed for me without further fees. My email’s in my contact anyway. If you actually can help since most of the staff don’t have that kind of authority to just cancel, right?
Anyway, anyone subscribing to Singtel, just make sure you have a calendar set to the various deadlines when you just signed up with them to disconnect all the stuff you don’t need for mobile.
WHO USES AMPED?!?!
Can I win things with AMPed? Legit question. If I win something that costs more than this 12 month subscription, I’ll be less pissed about it.
Do you get the pun? I’m sure you do.
That’s it really. GOT TO GOOOOoooo.
More in depth adventures during the mid week posts.
Ps. I was on Team Wonder Woman.
But it’s pretty cheap compared to what you’ll get in there, yeah?
HERE’S THE QUICK STUFF you need to know:
1) It’s $5 for one day $8 for both days. Limited tickets at the door but you can buy online at Peatix. Note: They have an admin fee of $1 so it’s more worth it if you buy with friends online and share the admin fee.
2) Grabtaxi offer for new users to/from Scape only with the code “ICDS2015” for an $8 ride. Which means, if you’re from Jurong to Scape, you’ll get a discount of $8 from the final fee. That’s an example by the way. Or Scape to home… You get the idea. This is only on 22 and 23rd. Bring home your cosplay things/loot. Grabtaxi is available on ios and android.
3) Cosmetics, makeup and such will be on discount during ICDS. Time to stock up for your cosplay
4) First 1000 people to visit ICDS will get a $2 coupon from Anime Yorozuya when you come in to take your booklet/wristband thing at the ticket counters.
5) YES. THIS YEAR the tickets are wristbands so be sure to wear them.
6) Funbie Studios will be there, if you ever wondered how to do 3d printing for cosplay props, TALK TO THEM. Also, this year’s cosplay trophies are 3d printed by them!
7) FREE GABU GABU. Grab your free can of Gabu Gabu while stocks last. It’s delicious.
Grab five Gabu Gabu and you’ve already gotten your ticket’s worth already. OMG OK PLEASE DON’T DO THAT. Let others drink too.
8) Oh yes, there’s a DBS atm near the ‘back’ if you need more cash so there’s no reason you can’t really get moolah for what loot you want to get.
Where to buy tickets if at Scape and what are on the various levels?